1. Protects from sun damage The antioxidant activity in argan oil helped protect the skin against free radical damage caused by the sun. This prevented burns and hyperpigmentation as a result. Long term, this may even help prevent against the development of skin cancer, including melanoma.
2. Moisturizes skin Argan oil is perhaps most commonly used as a moisturizer. This is largely thanks to its abundance of vitamin E, which is a fat-soluble antioxidant that can help improve water retention in the skin.
3. Treats a number of skin conditions Argan oil contains a large number of healing properties, including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Both help reduce symptoms for a number of different inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis and rosacea.
4. Treats acne-Hormonal acne is often the result of excess sebum that’s caused by hormones. Argan oil has anti-sebum effects, which can effectively regulate amounts of sebum on the skin.
Apply argan oil — or face creams containing argan oil — directly to your skin at least twice a day. You should start to see results after four weeks.
5. Heals skin infections One of argan oil’s traditional uses is to treat skin infections. Argan oil has both antibacterial and fungicidal properties.
6. Improves wound healing Antioxidants are clearly a powerful force. The strong combination of antioxidants and vitamin E found in argan oil can be used to help wounds and cuts heal faster
7. Soothes atopic dermatitis Atopic dermatitis is a common skin condition with symptoms like itchy, red skin. Research has found that applying argan oil topically to the affected area can help treat symptoms. Vitamin E and the natural
inflammatory properties found in argan oil can both lead to this soothing effect.
8. Has anti-aging effects Argan oil has long been used as an anti-aging treatment. Researchers found that a combination of oral and cosmetic argan oil led to a significant increase in elasticity of the skin. This provided an effective anti-aging treatment.
9. Reduces skin’s oiliness Thanks to argan oil’s sebum-reducing capabilities, it can help decrease total sebum and reduce oiliness of the skin.
10. Prevents and reduces stretch marks Stretch marks are particularly common during pregnancy, but anyone can experience them. Argan Oil improves skin elasticity. This helped prevent and treat stretch marks early on.